In February, homeschool history lessons naturally focus on George Washington. It is the ideal time to celebrate this great American President.
Students will enjoy (and learn from) the following word puzzles:
1. On February 22, 1732,
_____________________ was born.
2. He excelled in ___________________ and began a career as a(n)
______________________. (caimhritet, yvesorru)
3. At sixteen years old, George Washington traveled to the western
frontier to map the _____________________. ( dswelnires)
4. Learning to live off the land later helped him become a good
5. He fought with the English against the _____________________ to
protect western land. (ncfehr)
6. After the _______________________ War, George settled at Mount
Vernon with his wife, ____________________. (nrehfc-iadinn, haamtr)
7. His home is located on the Potomac River in __________________.
8. At the Second Continental Congress assembled in Philadelphia in May
1775, Washington was chosen commander in chief of the
_______________________. ( enolttncain rmya)
9. The British soldiers were much better ______________________ than
the Americans. (rtidane)
10. Despite the tremendous ________________________ of disease,
poverty and lack of experience, the Revolutionary Army won. (dhpsirahs)
11. In 1781, ____________________ surrendered to Washington at
12. Afterwards, George Washington wanted to retire Mount Vernon, but in
order to further serve his country, he lead the Constitutional Convention
at ______________________ in 1787. (adihihlppe)
13. He was then elected the first _____________________ of the United
14. On December 14, 1799, George Washington died of a
________________________ infection. (thator)
15. Each year, we especially honor George Washington on the third
Monday of February, also known as _____________________.
16. Please list three virtues of George Washington and tell how he showed these traits.
Return Home from Homeschool History
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Please leave a comment in the box below.